News 4: Cleaning products as bad for lungs as smoking 20 cigarettes a day, scientists warn!
Regular use of cleaning sprays has an impact on lung health comparable with smoking a pack of cigarettes every day, according to a new study.
The research followed more than 6,000 people over a 20 year period and found women in particular suffered significant health problems after long-term use of these products. Lung function decline in women working as cleaners or regularly using cleaning products at home was comparable to smoking 20 cigarettes a day over 10 to 20 years.
“While the short-term effects of cleaning chemicals on asthma are becoming increasingly well documented, we lack knowledge of the long-term impact,” said Professor Cecile Svanes, a medic at the University of Bergen and the senior author of the study.
“We feared that such chemicals, by steadily causing a little damage to the airways day after day, year after year, might accelerate the rate of lung function decline that occurs with age.”
The research was published in (use this link to get access to the full study) the American Thoracic Society’s American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.
(Source: Independent Online, 16th february 2018)
News 3: Did you know, that cleaning with the Micro Cleaner:
- Is 100% ecologically sound
- Needs no cleansing agents
- Takes off residues from disinfectants and cleansing agents.
- Leaves no residues.
- Up to 30 to 50% time savings
- Easy to clean everywhere
- Reduces germs naturally
- Protects surfaces and furniture
- Saves 95% water
- Protects health of cleaning personal, guests and patients against allergies and atrocious substances.
- 5% of the population is suffering from MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity)
- Protects theenvironment (no chemicals and plastic)
- Increases environmental safety
- Eine wesentliche Arbeitserleichterung bedeutet
- Gets rid of odours
- Has a higher hygienic standard
News 2: Cleanliness Check. What you have to worry about as hotel owner!
After the check-in most visitors check the cleanliness of their hotel room. First of all the bed, then the bathroom and the floor. Almost every third only walks around with socks in his hotel room and 25 % rinse the glasses before they drink out of them.
If you want to be on the safe side and not risk your good reputation, keep these areas always clean and tidy.
Source: Institute Yougov, 2050 Persons in Germany.
News 1: Why Cleanliness is so important for your business!
- Cleanliness and the associated exemplary hygiene is one of the most important aspects of a functioning company. In hospitality, cleanliness determines whether customers are comfortable and whether they will return. Dingy corners in the room, residues on tiles in sanitary areas or unpleasant odours create a negative experience for guests. In the “pain index 2017”, of the 1000 hotel guests surveyed, 66% stated that unclean rooms bother them the most.
- This is especially important as reviews by Trip Advisor and others are becoming increasingly important influences when choosing hotels or restaurants.
- Lack of hygiene also promotes the transmission of germs and bacteria. This makes meticulous cleanliness, especially in nursing homes, an absolute must. It is important to prevent residues from forming so that complex thorough cleaning procedures aren’t frequently necessary, and to prevent reputation-damaging incidents.